Easy, Vegan - Pantry Cooking

I had to present a picture of a nice dinner for an online course. Well my thoughts go directly to fresh produce and amazing colors... but wait... I had no time what so ever to do some shopping, and its been raining cats and dogs lately... so forget about the market... let see what we can make with the stuff I tend to have around... That is way I call this, a pantry dinner... I now it may not all be pantry articles, but well, those are different  in every home I suppose.


Vegan Bean Medallions, Country Potato Wedges and Tomato&Peas Salad

Very easy Country Potatos. Cut into wedges, season as you like and bake for a while. I use Onion, salt, garlic powder, pepper and I coat them with tortilla corn flour, it gives them a very crisp brown color and they turn out quite crunchy outside while soft and moist inside.

The salad is a no brainer. Cut tomatoes in dices or wedges and mix with peas. I season with balsamico and sesame oil. Anyhow, I believe its the color what does the trick :). I like to put a big spoon of cottage cheese in the middle, not so vegan... but well, its not all black and white.

Now for the Medallions... I usea about a cup of kidney beans, a cup of outmeal flakes, an onion, chili, cumin, salt, pepper and a litte teaspoon of sugar. Mix all together with your hands and make little round patties. I make mine while the potatoes are baking, since they need around half the time to bake.  They work great as meatballs, or "carne" for your vegan Chilli sin Carne. They can be baked or fried and are for sure a nice treat.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts